Losing weight is an obsession urban folks are indulging in currently. It is a conscious effort to shed that excess fat in order to look and feel healthy. Weight loss in its true sense is just burning more calories than one eats. Technological advancement and modern amenities have made it difficult for us to lose weight because of the paralysing effect they have on us.
Here are some ways that can be used in order to lose some weight:
1. Exercise – the most obvious way to reduce weight is of course exercising. But here the question is about the correct procedure to exercise and the right intake of food. Running on the treadmill for hours alone or just lifting heavy weights is not enough. The path for an optimum weight loss regime is paved with a mixture of the two. [Read: Weight Loss Exercises]
2. Calories – when exercising it is important to count the calories that one intakes so as to know how much of it to burn. One should make a calorie count chart and figure out the amount of calorie that is being taken in. It is useful for understanding the body’s nutrition count and value.
3. Walking – as easy as it may sound, walking is one of the most efficient ways to reduce weight. Walking for at least 45 minutes a day can be of good help when it comes to burning calories and lose weight. It has been found out in study that walking an additional 3 miles that would take around 45 minutes can help in cutting 30 pounds in a year. [Read: Walking helps you Lose Weight]
4. Eating smaller meals – it is recommended that a person should eat five to six small meals a day rather than eating three big meals. One of the most important benefits from this is that smaller meals mean decreased calorie intake and also this prevents nutrition imbalance. So, each meal should contain a small portion of every essential food from fruits, vegetables to meat and water. [Read: Diet Chart for Weight Loss]
5. Downsizing the food plate – this is more of a psychological thing, however, it helps. Try and buy small plates that would hold less amount of food. That way with less food in your plate, you will eat less.